This series of posts will include a translation of select verses from the Surahs in the Quran. This will be a selection of verses that I thought carried one or more of the following attributes:
They were direct commandments.
They hinted upon action and behavior that is deemed superior by the Almighty.
They were a reflection of a way to live our lives on this planet.
They provided an answer to some of society’s most burning religious and social questions.
They offer a stark contrast to some extremist agenda often attached to the religion Islam.
They shed light on morality, peacekeeping, intention, and integrity.
Translation with verse number in brackets:
- In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful.
- Praise be to God, Lord of the Worlds.
- The Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
- Master of the Day of Judgment.
- It is You we worship, and upon You we call for help.
- Guide us to the straight path.
- The path of those You have blessed, not of those against whom there is anger, nor of those who are misguided.